Sunday, March 16, 2014

At the end of the Day

                                   

I've never experienced death. 
But I've seen other things die. 

I know what it's like to murder a test.
                                                         If you ignore me, you're better off dead.
                                                                                                                      I've seen many marriages die. 
It was you who killed our friendship, not me. 
                                                                    It was YOU who shot my heart, not him. 
                                                                                                                                  
            & YOU ARE THE BACKSTABBER, NOT HER

My beautiful white shoes were drowned in beer at a $5 concert. 
                                                                                                 My clear skin was plagued with acne. 
My dreams died and got replaced by the new guy, Reality.
                                                                                                  I never asked for a new Mom. 
I never imagined that creativity could be so easy to kill.
                                                                                    I never thought I could miss you this much. 
It's not supposed to end like this.
                                                   It's not supposed to be the death of me.


                                                                                     But it's not over yet. 

2 comments: